Amazing Felines - Cat Blog

7.19.2005

Precious Lives

It is so unfortunate that cats do not know how to cross the street.

It would only seem right that humans, who have the ability to think, be more tolerant and compassionate to these poor, defenseless creatures. Trucks and other motor vehicles just plow down the streets without a thought to the animals they kill and the hearts of the owners that they break. They do not see the terror in the eyes of these animals, and after they pass through these soft, broken bodies, they don't care that they take away a life which has much a right to live as they.

What would it cost to show a little compassion?

5 Comments:

  • My sons dad lives on a very busy street. The cars fly by his house at all times of the day (and night) at speeds in excess of 60 mph. The speed limit is 35 mph but rarely is anyone ever stopped by the police. People driving this street aren't looking out for or thinking about the safety of anyone-animals, kids, themselves. Our dog was hit (but lived) on this street and recently my sons cat got loose from the house and was killed by a driver who never stopped! I always try to look out for any animal or person when I'm driving.

    By Blogger Beatloaf, at 5:59 AM  

  • Hi Beatloaf,

    I'm very sorry to hear about your son's cat. I've seen cats run down by cars and trucks. I felt so helpless and each time made me cry. Thanks for looking out for the animals when you drive. I always make it a point to break for animals who cross the road. Hope to hear from you again.

    By Blogger catgirlph, at 10:38 PM  

  • Thanks for your concern, catgirlph. And thanks to you also for baking for animals. One day my son and I were driving down a fairly busy street when we noticed a baby bird in the middle of the road. Of course we turned around to go back and save it, but by the time we got to it it was too late. We were both upset that we couldn't help the bird and we cried for quite awhile. I wish I could help save every animal in need. It's nice to know that there are others out there that feel the same. Thanks for sharing your blog with the world!

    By Blogger Beatloaf, at 1:29 PM  

  • Hi Beatloaf,

    It's so good to hear from you again. I felt so sad reading about the little bird. Your son sounds like a wonderful boy, so compassionate to animals. It's good to know that people all over the world are doing something to help these poor animals.

    By Blogger catgirlph, at 1:13 PM  

  • Cat bath- Cat shampoo
    ---------------
    Tanyaa
    http://www.purrinlot.com

    By Blogger tanyaa, at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home