Amazing Felines - Cat Blog

7.23.2005

Do Cats Bathe?


Contrary to popular belief, cats do indeed bathe. Although, not all kitties are thrilled by the experience. It is better to start bathing them while they are young so that they get used to it.

Normally, cats do not emit any foul odor but sometimes their fur do get dusty. There are plenty of mild shampoo available in the market. For my kitties, I bathe them once a week during the hot months and only as needed during the rainy season. They have different personalities. Some just sit down, others struggle and for this I would need an assistant. I have one who really enjoys the experience, she even plays with the water.

I have heard people blame cats for causing asthma attacks. Well, I have asthma and they seldom trigger any attacks. The secret is just keeping them clean.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Chrissy,

    I so agree with you. It's more stressful for us than for the kitties. I have to take the shower curtains out of the way bec once they get to hang on to it, they're so hard to get down. One time, my big cat Peanut Butter hung on to my sister's pants. It was ripped when I had to pull him off. Good thing her legs were unharmed.

    By Blogger catgirlph, at 1:05 PM  

  • For me, I just have to make sure everything such as the shampoo, the towel, etc are ready, and the weather is nice and warm, and I just do it when she least expected, and do it fast! After some time, there will be less struggling. Well, just less...

    http://stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger veola, at 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home