Amazing Felines - Cat Blog

9.17.2005

What A Life!



There are days when I'm in such a hurry because of things that need to get done and then I see my kitties sleeping so peacefully, without a care in the world. I would just like to curl up beside them.

For the fortunate kitties, who have human guardians taking care of them, life can be grand. I've heard that cats sleep up to 18 hours a day. They wake up to eat, use the litter, play and then sleep again.

There are days, like today, that I haven't seen my cat Chester all day. But I was reassured that he did have dinner and went off to his space again to go back to sleep. Sometimes he's like a piece of furniture that we move around, especially when he's blocking the door. But with all the moving done to him, he still manages to sleep through it.

And Bitty acts like he's tired all the time, the way he just plops down beside me. I think he's tired from all the inactivity he's had all day. And he even yells at me to hurry up to the room so that he can use the bed.

Fudgy loves to sleep on our laps. Even if there was a kitty ahead of him , he will still jump on us and make room for himself and dislodge the other cat. Funny thing about having kitties sleep on your lap or on your bed is that you try so hard not to move because you might wake them up and disturb their sleep.

Cats are nocturnal creatures. But with the cats in the house, all we need to do is turn off the lights and there's peace and quiet in the house, with all of them settling down for the night.

7 Comments:

  • What a sweet picture!!!

    By Blogger Ginger The Cat, at 11:20 AM  

  • We do that too. Mom goes to work and we sleep until she comes home, demand food then sleep some more. Wonderful picture

    By Blogger Myst and Blackie, at 9:37 AM  

  • A nice picture of a cat who feels completely safe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

  • Hi Katharina,

    I've linked up your lovely blog to mine at http://stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/
    BTW, most of the links to blogspot sites in your blogroll are failing to load because of the extra 'www' at the front of the link.
    You might want to edit your blogroll and remove the 'www' from the address to solve this problem.

    Cheers,
    Stop Animal Abuse

    By Blogger veola, at 12:41 PM  

  • What a nice pic...my kitties make me want to snuggle up with them for a nap....mine go to sleep when the lights go out too! =^..^=

    By Blogger WCTs, at 10:30 AM  

  • Good blog ;-)
    Really enjoyed reading it, and I shall bookmark it to come back.
    I also have a Website devoted to pets, pet dogs, cats, birds, horses etc. If you have a moment, please visit.
    Thanks again for a very entertaining blog ;-)

    By Blogger Anne, at 11:55 PM  

  • yeah... life can be grand to those cats who have human guardians taking care of them. My cat spot loves to sleep on top of our tv. Yeah i know its weird but he usually stay whenever my dog sleeps in spot's cat bed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home