Amazing Felines - Cat Blog

10.03.2005

Adoption

It is so hard to have a kitten and especially an adult cat to have adopted. People usually prefer those with a pedigree. They don't know what they're missing out on. Stray cats make wonderful pets, they are loyal and loving.

I got to thinking about adoption because we are looking for a good home for the puppy we found. We have had plenty of offers but they don't seem to be the right type of people for her. Maybe I'm just being too picky but it's a life we're talking about here. She's a mixed breed. She can be too rambunctious and gets a little rough during playtime.

I've also had kittens adopted out and it's difficult to find people who will give them the care they deserve. I've had people ask me why I have to give them cat food and take them to the vet when they're only from the street. Don't they deserve a good life just because they don't have a fancy pedigree? Just yesterday, we found a home for the 3 kittens who were born outside our house. We were so glad to have found good people who would take care of them. I wish there were more homes who would open up their hearts to the plight of these animals.

5 Comments:

  • I agree! Our cat Timmy, came from the pound and all they could tell about him, was that they thought that he was about 10 monthes old. He has turned out to be an incredibley amazing pet and we love him to pieces. You can visit his blog at Timothy Dickens.com.

    By Blogger Grammie, at 4:11 AM  

  • Thanks for being a loving caring puurson to the furkids. Kudos to you!!

    Animal Lover

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 AM  

  • Is that the cutest picture or what? Hey wait, I'm a dog, I didn't say that, I did not say that.

    Okay, I said that.

    You are so nice to animals and so right that pedigrees are meaningless in life. I mean if they were important, a guy might get elected president without any merits just because he came from a family where someone had been elected president before.

    Hey, wait a minute . . .

    Anyway, I think you are a wonderful human.

    Cal

    P.S. I can't add you to the dog blogroll, only the mom of Sammy the all-black German Shepherd has that power.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:36 AM  

  • I got one from the pound, one that was discarded, and one that was desperate for a new home. All three of them collectively keep me under their paw.

    I can't bear to go to a shelter because I want to adopt them all.

    The kitten is absolutely adorable.

    By Blogger Gigolo Kitty, at 4:59 AM  

  • Hi Rambledodies,
    I'm glad you like the pictures. We enjoy taking photos of the cuties. But it's hard to keep them still :(

    Hi Grammie,
    So nice to meet you and Timmy.

    Hi Toni,
    How many pets do you have?

    Hi Cal,

    Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you said nice things about cats :)

    Hi Gigolo Kitty,
    What a handsome kitty you are. If I could, I would also adopt every kitty in need.

    Hi Basty and Vincent,
    Thanks for dropping by.

    By Blogger catgirlph, at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home