Amazing Felines - Cat Blog

11.05.2005

Bitty's a fighter!


One of my worries when we got Honey, our puppy, was that Bitty would not be able to adjust to having her around, being blind he gets spooked easily. At first, he would not walk on the floor but would use the sofa and chairs as a bridge. He would hide and hiss when the dog would come near. I was afraid that he was not drinking and using the litter box properly anymore.

Honey is now 26 lbs from the previous 4 lbs 4 months ago. She would play with the cats and being so much bigger than them, she would end up rolling them around the floor. What a surprise it was to see that Honey was hesitant to go near Bitty. I saw that whenever Honey would go near Bitty, Bitty would swipe at her. It didn't matter whether he would hit her or not, Bitty would just wait until Honey would cross his path again. I don't know where he got his courage but now Honey thinks twice before bothering him again.

Although, it's a little tricky for us humans as well. Because Bitty can't see, he will just swipe at whatever's in front of him when Honey passes. If we're not quick enough, he usually lands a hit on us instead.

8 Comments:

  • We have a golden lab next door that lives with 2 cats. His mom says he was "raised by cats" and he does cat things. He sits up & bats at things just like Bitty in that picture!

    By Blogger Shaggy and Scout, at 10:50 AM  

  • Having a blind cat must be a unique challenge... SSS's mom

    By Blogger Shaggy and Scout, at 10:51 AM  

  • I have a half-blind cat that is easily startled by sounds. ^^ Scary.
    She's very BEAUTIFUL.
    Lovely pin-point Siamese. ^^

    She's called Scary because my sister meant 'Scaredy' but her English sucks. :P

    Hah, I was 'raised by cats' too. xD
    I was born into a house with kitty cats. There was a period when I was scared to death of touching cats after my kind of 'mother' cat (who was the ONLY cat not mine. She was mom's, ironically enough.) scratched my ankle by accident. Still got the scar. ^^ I still love her though, she's dead now.
    I BOUGHT a cat named Tipsy (most of my cats had been mostly streetcats.) Now Tipsy would leave and come back here. When he comes back, he'd always be covered in little wounds so I'd have to clean him up and I tried to keep him inside as much as I could. Bad boys outside threw rocks at him. ;-;
    Well, anyway, he made me return to cat-loving (as if I ever left that) ... while being able to touch and play with cats again. ^^
    I still do cat-like things without noticing. ^^;;

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 PM  

  • Gosh, I hope they can work it out.

    By Blogger DK & The Fluffies, at 9:58 AM  

  • The people underestimated my patron saint Lucy too. When she first encountered a stupid dog, she jupmed on him and grabbed his neck and wouldn't let go. he he he.....

    By Blogger Mathias42, at 5:37 AM  

  • I hope you & your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be careful with that turkey! Mom just tolded me it's got a sleepin drug in it! She shoulda tolded me afore....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    By Blogger Spock, at 8:29 AM  

  • Hi Scooby, Shaggy & Scout. Our dog Honey thinks she's a cat. She seldom barks and is not comfortable around dogs. Oh, and she loves catfood :)
    Bitty is the only cay I have who I can carry around like a child. He doesn't get upset but clings around my neck. I just love it when he hugs me.

    Hi Anonymous,

    I would love to see a picture of your cat Scary.

    Hi Diva Kitty,
    They're used to each other now. But since Honey has grown so big, she pushes the cats around during play. They have to be supervised.

    Hi Moses Kitty,
    Bitty is a tough cat now when it comes to dogs. He doesn't let them boss him around.

    Hi Oreo,

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

    Merry Christmas everyone!

    By Blogger catgirlph, at 11:10 PM  

  • I know what you are going through... I also had a white half-blind cat with only 3 legs before... i got her since she was little and i was really glad cause she adjusted in the house and other pets in the house.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home