Amazing Felines - Cat Blog

3.08.2006

Valentine kitten

I was on my way to work last Feb 14 when I saw this tiny kitten hobbling across the street. He was trying to go under a tire of a moving van. I thought my heart was going to stop when I saw how near he was to being crushed. Fortunately, the van stopped when the driver heard me shouting for him to stop.

The kitten is a male brown tabby with blue eyse and the cutest face. We had a long discussion as to his name. Since he was found on Valentine's day, we thought that he should be named after something associated with the day. Then we thought -chocolates, so his name is Snickers.

I don't have pictures of him now. I thought he was lame but after a few weeks he started walking normally. He was just probably hungry and weak.

8 Comments:

  • THATS VERY NICE OF YOU. YOUR A GOOD BEAN.

    THE ZOO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 AM  

  • Oh what a great story! So glad you kept him, I love how cats come into our lives. That way wasn't the greatest, but you were at the right place at the right time.

    By Blogger Shaggy and Scout, at 4:41 AM  

  • I hope this is the beginning of a long and beautiful friendship for you and Snickers. It's great of you to help a little one in need. Keep us posted!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 AM  

  • We're so happy to hear that Snickers found a home... just in time. We were both rescued, in our case from the woods around our people's house. If we had a blog we'd give you the address, if we had great photos we'd share them. Instead we send simply our happiness that Snickers found a home.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 PM  

  • AWWW...We're glad you saved the kitty and it's doing okay. We love people who help animals. By the way, have you heard about the Catolympics? Come to my site for details and to sign-up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

  • Yay for Snickers! And yay for you, you are a good human! Hope you and Snickers have a long and happy life together, and looking forward to seeing a photo!

    By Blogger Fat Eric, at 3:56 AM  

  • Thank you for saving that
    little baby. I have 8 i have saved and i love them more each day

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:29 AM  

  • thank God that you were there to save that little fella!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home